With upcoming Jan-term courses around the world in places like South Africa, Hawai’i, France and Spain, Global Poets are already preparing for their travel. According to gooverseas.com, here are the top 10 things you should be thinking about:
- Passport and Visa (We can help with free passport photos!)
- Visit your doctor
- Get insurance (We usually take care of this for you!)
- Get a plane ticket (We can help)
- Research your destination’s local customs and culture (Our professors are there to explore this with you–that’s what were all about–but you can’t replace doing your own legwork as well!)
- Work on your language skills!
- Money (Our GPS program makes study abroad way more accessible, but you still need to plan!)
- Cell phones and communication (this applies mostly to long-term travel)
Whittier Office of International Programs wants to make educational travel as accessible as possible. While we can’t solve every problem and we firmly believe that personal responsibility is central to successful travel, we will also point you to possible solutions and offer our best advice.